I would like to connect my past experience, software development process and by linking both develop concept called “People Engineering”. The main motivation of story is “The percentage of being wrong is more when we are alone”. Below in details:
Firstly, we need to define 2 north stars, one in career and another in personal life. These stars or goals should not be feasible to reach in our current case, unless any magic happens. For example, I would like to run a billion-dollar company which impact millions of people’s life every day and inspire them to achieve more, to be more precise shift minds to stop being shamed for failures and be proud of them and learn from them, or from failures of others. For personal life, I would like to meet X person with similar experiences I have and common core values.
After defining our north stars, we need to make a plan. As we know from Software Engineering practice there are 2 methodology, one is Waterfall which is plan driven and another is incremental change Agile methodology. We are going use Agile. The rules are simple, but firstly, we need second person to do pair programming with who we will collaborate to reach our north stars. Below are next steps:
1. Once every two weeks called sprint, we need to do detailed planning for upcoming 2 weeks.
2. In order to easily track our progress, we can use free tool called Trello.
3. Considering 1 point is 1 hour, and day is 24 points maximum, we could benefit.
4. By excluding 7 sleep points, 2 points for eating, and 9 points for work, and depending on day in average need to wisely use our left 6 points.
5. We call tasks in our TODO list, story and assign approximate points to each, can add checklist inside story as well.
6. Every day, for 10–15 minutes meet with our teammate in Skype, WhatsApp, Slack etc. called “Daily Standup” to discuss our past day, if any blocking points and plan for coming day. There could be time not able to meet time agreed, but still should keep updates by brief writing in channel we selected.
7. Only must have meetings from Monday to Friday, leave weekends for random stuff. We should keep it light and fun.
8. The concept helps to have at least 1 outside view for daily tasks planning, and review after completed, feeling more committed for promises better than we give to ourselves.
9. We need to write our “show up credo”, do personal assessment test and review it together as well.
10. Apart from ourselves, we need to assign small tasks to each other, such as “tell, smile or help to 3 people today”, or “make initiative to be guest speaker in one of schools”.
Conclusion: Enjoy eating the elephant one bite at a time :)
Note: List is still under development and I am planning to keep updating it, where people from all over the world can apply concept to their life and achieve together more, the number of people can be more than 2 as well, but need to keep it as minimum as possible in order not to have longer standup meetings and feel comfortable to share our private life insights.
Even though already mentioned in my previous article, “Build future now”, would like to end up this article with same quote: “Use my lifelong energy, time and skills to serve others to make the world without borders better place to live!”