Here are the steps you’ll want to follow while writing a blog post
Fork the goupaz.com github repo
Repo or repository - a directory or storage space where your projects can live.
- Go to the ‘blog’ section
- Tap on ‘data/authors’ and create your author’s name like “name-surname.yml” (as an example view the predecessor)
- After that return to the ‘blog’ and go to the ‘content’
- Create post in ‘posts’ section with subsequent number (if last was “/post05/” yours is “/post06/")
- Name it appropriately (example: “how_to_write_a_post.md”) (look at predecessor)
- Use the intro of post as your predecessor did with main info
- Put all your writings there
- Hit the “commit new file” button bellow
If you want to run the site locally to see the changes then you need to install Hugo and NodeJS on your device. Hugo is a great tool which allowed us to build this website without breaking a sweat. After installing Hugo, you can simply
blog directory, run
npm install to install all necessary dependencies and finally run
hugo server to run the website in development mode. By default hugo server runs on port
1313 but you can change that if you want. To see the website, go to
Pull requests let you tell others about changes you’ve pushed to a branch in a repository on GitHub. Tap here to see how to create it!
Feel free to contact if there are any questions or technical issues.